A global study of over 3,000 SME IT professionals has revealed that many plan to increase IT spending in the second...
half of this year. Virtualisation technology and investments that optimise existing resources are their top IT priorities.
The survey, from IT management software supplier Spiceworks, found SMEs will spend an average of $121,000 in the second half of this year. This compares to $117,200 in the first six months of the year.
A significant 68% of SME IT professionals plan to use virtulalisation technology by the end of 2010. Just over half of these SME IT executives currently use virtualisation, an increase from 44% at the beginning of the year.
Other key findings of the survey:
- 65% of SME IT professionals plan to keep IT staff levels the same between now and the end of the year
- 20% plan to add full-time IT staff before the end of the year
- 42% of IT budgets for the rest of the year are allocated to hardware
- 35% of IT budgets for the rest of the year are allocated to software
- 48% of IT professionals plan to buy new, upgrade or renew at least one IT service