LinkedIn is increasing its focus on the recruitment industry with the appointment of Ariel Eckstein as managing director of its Hiring Solutions business.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
I think the IT outsourcing sector could probably benefit from this and probably already does. The IT profession uses social media extensively so recruitment and job seeking on LinkedIn can become just part of the daily routine.
It is a good way of building teams quickly for projects because profiles of people and recommendations from others are trusted on LinkedIn.
I know that specialist IT workers are sometimes hard to find, but LinkedIn’s social networking brings together groups of people with similar skills. I know Microsoft has used it to recruit specialist software developers because I did a story about it last year.
LinkedIn’s reach is massive and with stats like those below and LinkedIn’s recruitment focus combined, the recruitment sector faces massive disruption.
• 4 million UK members
• 15 million European members
• 25% of FTSE 100 companies hire through LinkedIn
• 50% of Fortune 100 companies hire through LinkedIn
• 1 professional joins LinkedIn every second
• 1 million professionals joining LinkedIn every 12 days
• 1 billion people searched on LinkedIn last year
• There are 500,000 LinkedIn groups.