ar130405 - Fotolia
- - Community Member 20 Apr 2016
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 17 Jun 2015
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 19 Dec 2014
An insider's view on the issues, trends and controversies around outsourcing and IT services.
The sad news that outsourcing pioneer Robert Morgan recently died is a great loss to a great many people.I was with Robert a couple of weeks ago so it was a huge shock to hear of his sudden ...
I recently met Todd Greene, the CEO and founder of PubNub. This is a company that provides a real time data network stream that allows a two way flow of real-time data.Its customers include ...
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 16 Dec 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 24 Nov 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 14 Nov 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 03 Nov 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 27 Oct 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 03 Oct 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 29 Sep 2014
In this guest blog Joel Reid, new business sales leader at Intel Services, explains what brands and retailers need to know when specifying technology in an ever evolving world.Weighing up the ...
Last week this blog featured a guest post about Service Integration and Management (SIAM). A colleague also wrote a story about the challenges facing HMRC when it splits up its Aspire contract with ...
With the large number of different suppliers, offering IT for businesses, with trends like cloud computing and the consumerisation of IT this will increase further. Although multi-sourcing is ...
India's IT services industry has grown fast, but who would have thought that TCS is now IBM Global Services' biggest threat.That's what one management consultant told me last week. I was writing an ...
HP's decision to split the company in two, with its consumer computing and printing departments separated from its software, business servers and IT services operations.The IT giant is not shy to ...
This week Computer Weekly wrote an article about Capgemini's 2014 World Payments report.The report, which was carried out by Capgemini and RBS, does just as it says on the tin and looks at the ...
Could the creation of a tablet that business love but dare not speak its name as a corporate device be Apple's greatest gift to Microsoft?I was chatting with a contact today about the company he ...
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 15 Sep 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 10 Sep 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 01 Sep 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 28 Aug 2014
- - Emea Content Editor, Computer Weekly 08 Aug 2014
It is hardly surprising that businesses are obsessed with data. The online activity of consumers is constantly tracked whether at home or on the move. Businesses want to know what people want and ...
Imagine all the new IT contracts up for grabs when an independent Scotland starts putting together its public bodies.Scotland shares over 200 institutions as part of the UK, which might have to be ...
In the on-premise versus in the cloud debate it is always the subject of security that swings people in favour of on-premise. People feel safer if their software is on their own premises, but does ...
The big banks are throwing money and advice at small IT firms in the digital financial services start-up sector.While there is a strong argument that investing in start-ups in the digital sector is ...
Large IT service providers are hanging around off licenses to get small IT suppliers to buy their cans of larger.Well sort of. The UK government has set lots of targets for departments to get them ...