Google maps now has street view for pretty much the whole of the UK.
Is this the coolest thing ever? Yes, yes and hell yes!
I haven’t been this excited about seeing my house since I got my first pair of glasses.
So what are the benefits/uses of this?
- Meeting people: Now when you say I’ll meet you here, you can actually say “I’ll meet you by the Tesco. Yeah I’ll meet you where the blonde girl is on Street View”.
- GPS: They’ll probably incorporate this into a GPS system which would be, as the French say: Tres Cool.
- Getting places: You can get a visual of where you should be as oppose to a map that tells you where you’re not.
- Moving house or business planning: Checking an area before you move there.
- Holidays and office boredom: You can spend hours looking at places, sort of a ‘wish I was there’ for holidays.
- Stalkers and thieves: Yes, sadly this will come up at some point (probably tomorrow) where some people will use it for evil.
The navigation makes me feel like Superman.