The Amazon ElastiCache caching service has been expanded with availability in Dublin, north California, Singapore...
The caching service was originally available in north Virginia in August.
According to Amazon, ElastiCache enables users to create cache clusters, each comprising one or more cache nodes, in a matter of minutes.
Each cache cluster is a distributed, in-memory cache that can be accessed using the Memcached protocol. More information on ElastiCloud can be found here.
Services available in Amazon's Dublin site
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Amazon ElastiCache
- AWS CloudFormation
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Amazon CloudWatch
- Amazon Route 53
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Elastic Load Balancing
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- AWS Import/Export
- AWS Premium Support
- VM Import
- Auto Scaling