The Storage Networking Industry Association for Australia and New Zealand (SNIA ANZ) has announced several new training courses it will run during 2009.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The new courses come after the Association reported “a large increase in storage professionals undertaking the Storage Networking Certification Programme (SNCP) with a high percentage of delegates passing the appropriate examinations.”
SNIA ANZ also says there has been an increase of more than 100% in the number of certified professionals in the region since mid-2007, with more than 40 being accredited in the last two months of 2008.
The SNIA Storage Networking Certification Program (SNCP) provides a strong foundation of vendor-neutral, systems-level credentials that integrate with and complement individual vendor certifications. The structure of the SNCP has been enhanced to reflect the advancement and growth of storage networking technologies into areas such as virtualisation, storage management, and IP storage.
The first course for 2009, to be staged in Sydney between April 20 and 24, is the Management & Administration course and will provide a comprehensive understanding of Fibre Channel SAN and SAN Management technologies from a vendor-neutral perspective.
Melbourne (Apr 27 - May 1) and Auckland (May 4-8) will then host the Assessment Planning & Design course, which provides delegates with both the management and commercial skills required to perform detailed assessments and align to the development of a service catalogue.
Sydney will then be the location (May 11-14) for the Foundations course which provides an introduction to storage networking concepts.
SNIA’s global chapter, meanwhile, has announced a Technical Work Group dedicated to cloud storage.
For more information on these events, visit www.snia.org.au
The new group:
- Acts as the primary technical entity for the SNIA to identify, develop, and coordinate systems standards for Cloud Storage.
- Produces a comprehensive set of specifications and drives consistency of interface standards and messages across the various Cloud Storage related efforts.
- Documents system–level requirements and shares these with other Cloud Storage standards organizations under the guidance of the SNIA Technical Council and in cooperation with the SNIA Strategic Alliances Committee.
The proposed activities that will be covered by the Cloud Storage TWG include development of:
- Data Path and Control Path APIs and protocols as SNIA Architecture to enable interoperable Cloud Storage.
- A reference model of Cloud Storage that shows the relationships of the various elements involved.
- Standard terminology for submission to the SNIA Dictionary