Fashion retailer New Look has launched a new mobile commerce website as part of its multi-channel strategy.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Dom McBrien, e-commerce director at New Look, said: "Our aim is to offer customers an outstanding multi-channel experience. To do this we must offer an easy and convenient shopping experience through a multitude of channels.
"Research suggests that in 2012 access to the internet via smartphone devices will even supercede the desktop PC, so this is a clear opportunity. As a result, New Look is launching a market-leading mobile-optimised site."
eBay more than trebled mobile trade in 2010, generating nearly $2bn in sales, compared with $600m in 2009. Debenhams has recently launched Android and Nokia mobile applications after its iPhone app achieved 360,000 downloads and sales of nearly £1m within five months of launch.
- Sybase Enterprise Mobility Guide - free downloadable book
- Special report: Next generation mobile broadband - the opportunities
- Mobile working in business - the facts.
- How to control abuse of social networking on mobile devices
- Using mobile phones to manage mobile workers' expenses
- How to tackle secure protocols and mobile management
- Reducing complexity and cost in mobile deployments
- Mobile augmented reality
- Mobile phone app opportunities for business
- Mobile Games: App store strategies, business models and forecasts
- Mobile augmented reality opportunities for business