Fashion retailer New Look has launched a new mobile commerce website as part of its multi-channel strategy.
Dom McBrien, e-commerce director at New Look, said: "Our aim is to offer customers an outstanding multi-channel experience. To do this we must offer an easy and convenient shopping experience through a multitude of channels.
"Research suggests that in 2012 access to the internet via smartphone devices will even supercede the desktop PC, so this is a clear opportunity. As a result, New Look is launching a market-leading mobile-optimised site."
eBay more than trebled mobile trade in 2010, generating nearly $2bn in sales, compared with $600m in 2009. Debenhams has recently launched Android and Nokia mobile applications after its iPhone app achieved 360,000 downloads and sales of nearly £1m within five months of launch.
- Sybase Enterprise Mobility Guide - free downloadable book
- Special report: Next generation mobile broadband - the opportunities
- Mobile working in business - the facts.
- How to control abuse of social networking on mobile devices
- Using mobile phones to manage mobile workers' expenses
- How to tackle secure protocols and mobile management
- Reducing complexity and cost in mobile deployments
- Mobile augmented reality
- Mobile phone app opportunities for business
- Mobile Games: App store strategies, business models and forecasts
- Mobile augmented reality opportunities for business