Half of IT professionals believe that the banking sector will be the biggest recruitment opportunity in 2010.
Software and IT services (43%) and telecoms (41%) are also likely to offer strong employment opportunities, according to the latest research from recruitment website The IT Job Board.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Peter Healey, sales director at The IT Job Board, said, "Banking was the first to be hit during the recession, but it will also be the first to recover, and it will offer a lot of opportunity in terms of IT recruitment."
There will, however, be strong competition for jobs in the finance sector. Thousands of permanent and temporary staff at banks have lost their jobs over the past year.
Thousands more positions have been offshored to low-cost locations to save money.
Other research findings:
- 34% of IT professionals say project manager roles will be in demand
- 34% say business analyst jobs will be in demand
- 31% say .net skills will be in demand
- 29% say SAP skills will be in demand
- 26% say Java skills will be in demand
- 26% say web developers will be needed
- 58% say contract jobs will be in greater demand during 2010, compared to permanent positions.