The 2degrees site is carrying a Cisco Sustainable Business Confidence Barometer which shows that, despite economic uncertainty, most large organisations expect to increase their investment in sustainability.
This Confidence Barometer, which has been developed to act as a twice-yearly measurement of prevailing levels of commitment and confidence to sustainable business strategies, is based on a survey of 500 organisations of more than 1,000 full-time employees.
The key findings are:
* Over 90% of those surveyed believe their CEO to consider sustainability important with only 3% viewing it as not important
* The majority of the large organisations surveyed (63.3%) have a dedicated sustainability budget
* Of these, less than 10% saw a decrease in the sustainability budget whilst more than 30% saw an increase in 2010
* The majority foresee an increase in investment in Energy Management and Carbon
Management, the areas that are perceived to have the greatest impact on operations
* Over 90% of respondents are confident that their companies’ sustainability strategy will be successfully implemented in the future
The Cisco 2degrees Sustainable Business Confidence Barometer will next be published in January 2011, when it will identify the state of support at board level, budgets and optimism about sustainable business.