The shortlist for the Best of VMworld 2017 Europe User Awards has been finalised, with the winners set to be announced at VMworld Europe in Barcelona on Tuesday 12 September.
Hosted by Computer Weekly and SearchServerVirtualisation.com, the Best of VMworld Europe User Awards shine a light on the technological prowess demonstrated by organisations across the continent that have made virtualisation and cloud technologies the cornerstone of their IT strategies.
Our independent panel of judges were inundated with entries for the 2017 awards from a wide range of industries, spanning agriculture, construction, education, financial services and manufacturing.
The winners and highly commended entries in each category will be announced on Tuesday 12 September, the second day of VMworld 2017 Europe, with all set to receive a certificate to honour their achievements.
In the weeks following the event, the winners and their projects will also be profiled by Computer Weekly.
The firms that made the shortlist can be found below.
Best cloud project
- Bang & Olufsen (nominated by Cogeco Peer 1)
- The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (ICSA)
- Synlab UK (nominated by Ancoris)
- Synergy Logistics (nominated by Iland)
Best desktop virtualisation and mobility project
- Claire House Children’s Hospice
- Open Grid Europe
- EBM Papst Group
- Bolton College (nominated by Tegile Systems)
- Safeline (nominated by Navisite)
Best data security and data protection project
- Gleadell Agriculture (nominated by Zerto)
- Intesa Sanpaolo (nominated by Cohesity)
- Bupa Dental
- Swansea University