The wife of Microsoft's top blogger Robert Scoble has published a list of ten reasons why geeks make the ideal partners.
In a posting on her own personal blog, Maryam Ghaemmaghami Scoble says, “I don't praise Robert on this blog too much, because A, his head would get too big and B, I don't think it is very amusing or interesting when couples say mushy stuff about each other.”
She continues, however, “But I feel after three months of picking on him on this blog, I owe him one nice post.”
She then lists the ten best things about being married to a geek:
1. He can fix your computer. There, I said it. Do you really need another reason?
2. He has friends who can fix your computer.
3. Not a computer person? OK, here’s the killer. He can also hook up the TV, connect the DVD player and Tivo your favourite programmes. He’ll also hook you up with the sweetest sound system you’ve ever heard.
4. Looking further for another reason? Yes, you guessed it. He has friends who can hook up the TV, connect the DVD player, etc. etc.
5. Not only can he fix your computer and DVD player, he can do the same for your friends. All of a sudden your social life will pick up.
6. Here’s one for your vanity. He’ll make you shine everywhere you go. No matter how clumsy your sense of style, no matter how awkward your social skills, you’ll be a fashion star and a classy diplomat next to your geek.
7. You are going to be a proud owner of the latest gadgets if you ever decide to date a geek. Your mobile phone will not only have your best friend’s number on speed dial, it will also be able to take pictures, make movies and even do your nails. Your digital camera will also be sleek, sexy and very small. And your top-of-the-line MP3 player will make all heads turn your way.
8. Your geek will worship the ground you walk on. He’ll be so happy that a pretty girl like you paid attention to him that he’ll be worshipping at your feet.
9. He won’t cheat on you, either. Place the sexiest woman on earth in a room with a geek, say Angelina Jolie in some Victoria's Secret sexy lingerie. At the other corner of the room, place the latest model of some computer or other. Your geek would want to play with that computer much more than getting to know Angelina Jolie. In fact, he might not even see her if the computer is connected to the internet. He has to check his e-mail, surf the web and blog about the fact that he is in a room with Angelina Jolie.
10. Did I mention he can fix your computer?