I have written quite a few articles as a result of getting a sneak preview of Equaterra’s latest research of IT service providers.
Each year, Equaterra undertakes an investigation into organisations’ satisfaction with their outsourcing service providers.
The research results are recognised as the most extensive and representative ‘perception study’ on the issues of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sourcing in the marketplace today. This comprehensive research study is conducted in a number of European countries using a common format to enable Europe-wide analysis and conclusions.
Click here to download the management summary of Equaterra’s 2010 research into IT service providers. This requires registration to Computer Weekly.
1. The economic climate is still increasing the demand for outsourcing in the UK
2. Cost reduction and flexibility goals dominate, but other drivers become more important
3. Global sourcing remains a dominant element in organisations’ sourcing strategies
4. There was a slight decline in the quality of customers’ abilities to manage and govern service providers
5. General satisfaction with outsourcing increased compared to last year
6. Many European-based service providers have lost ground against the Indian service providers on general satisfaction