This SearchWindowsSecurity.com guide organizes news and expert advice that will help address your XP SP2 security issues and concerns. You'll learn about the new security enhancements in XP SP2, how to prepare for your service pack refresh and even some tips and tricks to resolve post-installation security problems. Drop me an e-mail to let me know what other fast guides you'd like to see on SearchWindowsSecurity.com. Robyn Lorusso, Editor.
Microsoft: "Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) provides the latest updates to Office XP. The SP2 update contains the latest security features as well as stability and performance improvements."
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
|Security in XP SP2||Return to Table of Contents|
- Advice: XP SP2 explained
- News: More security in Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Advice: Pros and cons of XP SP2's isolation and resiliency enhancements
- Advice: Will XP SP2 support TCG Trusted Platform Modules?
- News: XP refresh gives rise to plethora of Group Policy settings
|Why install XP SP2||Return to Table of Contents|
- News: XP SP2 gets an IT thumbs-up -- so far
- Advice: XP SP2: Nothing more than security best practices
- News: XP SP2 stops Download.ject cold
- Advice: Recovering from corrupt IE settings
- Column: XP SP2's good vibe takes a hit
|When to install XP SP2||Return to Table of Contents|
- Advice: Microsoft extends life of XP SP2 download blocker
- Advice: Manually blocking auto-deployment of Windows XP Service Pack 2
- News: The Big Blue pause on XP SP2
- Advice: Securing a new Windows XP upgrade
|Preparing for XP SP2||Return to Table of Contents|
- Advice: Keeping your cool during a Windows XP SP2 installation
- Download: Windows XP Service Pack 2 for IT professionals and developers
- News: Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD
- News: Microsoft offers kit for XP SP2 application testing
- Advice: One in 10 could suffer with SP2 problems
- News: 200 apps clash with XP SP2
- News: Details on how XP SP2 breaks Microsoft's CRM product
- Advice: Microsoft: Reports of SP2 flaws 'misguided'
- News: Microsoft warns of spyware's impact on SP2
- Advice: XP SP2 charts a new course for MCP exam
- Checklist: XP Service Pack 2 Pre-Installation
|Troubleshooting installation issues||Return to Table of Contents|
- Advice: Best practices for post-XP SP2 installation
- Advice: When to run the Windows XP SP2 Windows Firewall
- News: Microsoft lists 50 tweaks for XP SP2
- News: Microsoft fixes VPN flaw in XP SP2
- Advice: Can't proxy while testing XP SP2 Release candidate
|Submit your XP SP2 questions||Return to Table of Contents|
If you didn't see your XP SP2 installation or testing questions addressed above, ask site expert Kevin Beaver for help. We'll add your question and Kevin's response to this fast guide. Or, ask your peers for help in the SearchWindowsSecurity.com discussion forum.
- Submit your question to expert Kevin Beaver today.
- Start a discussion in the Windows Security forum.