With the imminent UK launch of Apple's much-hyped iPad, Computer Weekly has identified five ways IT people could use it.
- Any IT manager who needs to audit desktops and servers would certainly look the part carrying an iPad under their arm. Thankfully, Arcsoft offers an app called iAuditPro, which it says makes auditing easy.
- Server administrators could download the TN3270 terminal app to connect their iPad to the zSeries mainframe.
- Network administrators may dabble in a bit of port scanning with iNet, a tool which scans networks to identify which ones the iPad can connect to.
- If they are having trouble, net administrators, could always download "Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) Foundation Learning Guide: Foundation learning for the CCNP TSHOOT 642-832."
- IT managers who want to get to grips with ITIL, can download the ITIL Foundation eLearning package.