It’s pretty predictable really – another list of top young web entrepreneurs, another list of nearly all male faces. I have no answers as to why this continues to be the case, only the following questions:
1. What makes a good entrepreneur?
2. Do women lack one of the qualities it takes?
3. If they do, then why, and how can this be tackled?
4. Do you have to be obsessed with being rich, or does something else motivate people?
5. Can we set up a female entrepreneur school please, run by Margaret from The Apprentice?
I know there really are a lot of successful female web entrepreneurs – I seem to constantly hear about them, so why do they not make these lists? Is it the fault of the people compiling these lists for looking at all the usual suspects, or are they just reflecting how things are? I am torn between getting annoyed and being baffled – I know it’s going to take years to make all areas of business more equal, but I wouldn’t even know how to go about tackling this particular area. It’s one where a particular amount of confidence and drive is needed: how do you instil that in young women?