I’m looking quite smug at the moment. I told everyone to expect a Nintendo 3DS and… just a week later Nintendo confirmed it will be released in June!
The new Nintendo 3DS will offer 3D gaming without the need for glasses. As Borat would say “Wa wa wee waaa!”.
How will it work?
Supposedly it will use the camera on the front to track the viewer eyes. By doing so it will change the perspective in the game to make it look as if the image is looking into a far deeper three dimensional image.
Other good news:
- Backwards compatibility will be incorporated for DS and DSi games support.
- It should have an accelerometer for tilt-controls with motion-led gaming, just like the iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Nice crisp hi-res screen with great graphics. Possibly HD.
- It’ll have two screens that will be so close to each other they’ll work as one.
- I’m guessing it will have wifi and 3G on board for downloading stuff from the current DS library inc ebooks etc.
- It will have two cameras (front and back) like teh DSi.
- It should have a vibration feature for gaming and message alerts.