Here’s a quick review of the tips I’ve blogged about this week on recession-proofing your web site. If you have any others please let me know and I’ll put them up as an addendum. Importantly, get someone to review your site from the outside. Like politicians, we’re all in danger of believing our own publicity!
- Determine Strategy – Decide if you’re going to take an offensive or defensive stance.
- Assess Internal Factors – Identify your firm’s core strengths and promote them.
- Assess External Factors – How are your customers buying decisions changing?
- Damage Control – Ensure on-line message meets your short-term objectives.
- Cliché Control – If your site is full of stock phrases you’ll be seen as having little to offer.
- Optimise – Read your web logs and analytics and learn what people do on your site.
- Keep it Short & Simple – Say, What you do. Why you do it. When you do it. Why you do it and Who you are.
- Audit your ISP – Check-out the viability of each link in your connectivity chain.