I left home this morning contemplating the content of this post. It was going to be about how all our collaborative and web 2.0 technology could make the financial and economic crisis go away – but today’s turmoil shows that they can’t.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
The only solution is people. People at the top – People in the middle – People living at the bottom and their behaviour. In some respects the whole crisis and its causes looks like a business that has got out of control. I am sure we have all seen it – these are some of the indicators:
- A series of momentous and strategic statements from the CEO
- In-fighting at the board level
- Projects which are based on great ideas but are not thought through, funded or properly staffed
- Middle management that are not quite sure what to do, so do nothing
- The masses looking upwards and wondering what the hell is going on
This all seems fairly familiar and in my experience the only way these sort of problems get repaired will be through proper and radical leadership, harsh medicine and time to win the war. Yes, war because to all intents we are in one now – and the enemy is fear and it has to be defeated.