The main security projects for 2014 include data loss prevention, mobile and network-based security, and identity and access management. Among the top projects, encryption and threat detection are relatively low down on the list, with just 28% of respondents planning projects in these areas.
Just 21% of respondents plan to implement cloud security. Similarly, 27% of respondents said they would implement threat-detection initiatives in the coming year, with 24% for encryption.
While the security industry is moving to intelligence-led systems, investment in this area remains relatively low, with just 23% planning to implement security data-management analysis.
Read more IT Priorities 2014 results
- UK IT spending will outpace rest of Europe in 2014
- Top European IT initiative to support business in 2014?
- Desktop strategy in 2014 to focus on mobile business
- IT mobility trend continues in 2014
- Open arguments stack up as hybrid cloud takes hold
- Disaster recovery and virtual server backup top 2014 storage projects
- SDN still failing to spark interest in Europe
- ERP implementations, upgrades on the up across Europe in 2014
- Network-based security tops European agenda for 2014