Mobility, IT consolidation, virtualisation and cloud computing are among the spending priorities for IT decision makers this year. In fact, expanding IT to support business growth is one of the biggest areas of focus for IT departments in 2014.
In Europe and the UK, mobile has moved up from seventh position in 2013 to fifth in 2014 in the ranking of deployment models that companies plan to use in the year ahead, displacing public cloud and platform-as-a-service.smartphones and mobility feature among the top five highest profile projects for the coming year, closely followed by mobile applications.
Download our IT Priorities 2014 Report.
Read more IT Priorities 2014 results
- UK IT spending will outpace rest of Europe in 2014
- Top European IT initiative to support business in 2014?
- Desktop strategy in 2014 to focus on mobile business
- IT mobility trend continues in 2014
- Open arguments stack up as hybrid cloud takes hold
- Disaster recovery and virtual server backup top 2014 storage projects
- SDN still failing to spark interest in Europe
- ERP implementations, upgrades on the up across Europe in 2014
- Network-based security tops European agenda for 2014