The survey found that 44% of IT decision-makers said they would be considering SaaS in 2014, although 61% of the 247 respondents said they would be deploying on-premise systems.
According to Forrester analyst James Staten, cloud technologies and services represent the fastest way for the business to reach new buyers and breathe new life into ageing applications. "In 2014, cloud leverage will be both traditional and disruptive as the business and IT put cloud to work,” he said.
Read more IT Priorities 2014 results
- UK IT spending will outpace rest of Europe in 2014
- Top European IT initiative to support business in 2014?
- Desktop strategy in 2014 to focus on mobile business
- IT mobility trend continues in 2014
- Open arguments stack up as hybrid cloud takes hold
- Disaster recovery and virtual server backup top 2014 storage projects
- SDN still failing to spark interest in Europe
- ERP implementations, upgrades on the up across Europe in 2014
- Network-based security tops European agenda for 2014