The 2014 TechTarget/Computer Weekly IT priorities survey of IT managers showed that 37% of IT leaders plan to implement a mobility strategy for their business this year.
The survey also found that 67% of enterprises plan to issue employees with mobile computing devices such as laptops, tablets and smartphones in 2014
Of the 440 people asked, 43% said they would be implementing tablet devices in their organisations during 2014, while 41% said they would be implementing smartphones.
This should come as no surprise, given the continued decline in PC sales. Gartner reported that PC shipments in Europe totalled 25.8 million units in the fourth quarter of 2013, a 6.7% decline from the same period in 2012.
Download our IT Priorities 2014 Report.
Read more IT Priorities 2014 results
- UK IT spending will outpace rest of Europe in 2014
- Top European IT initiative to support business in 2014?
- Desktop strategy in 2014 to focus on mobile business
- IT mobility trend continues in 2014
- Open arguments stack up as hybrid cloud takes hold
- Disaster recovery and virtual server backup top 2014 storage projects
- SDN still failing to spark interest in Europe
- ERP implementations, upgrades on the up across Europe in 2014
- Network-based security tops European agenda for 2014