adam121 - Fotolia
Dell EMC has rolled out a number of enhancements to its partner programme in an effort to give partners access to more growth opportunities.
The key plank of the updates includes the extension of the incumbency programme, which went live last month, to cover more technology areas.
Dell EMC now offers the chance for partners to gain incumbency on servers, storage and networking for both qualifying new customers and historical ones.
The vendor took steps to make sure that resellers could get deal protection for all registered incumbent accounts and the addition of all of the ISG lines of business is designed to give even greater predictability for the channel.
The other enhancements include the vendor's first exclusive product line going through distribution, the Networking X-Series. The range includes web-managed 1GbE and 10GbE switches aimed at the SME market.
There are also some improvements to the finance offerings with PC as a Service among the options that should spark some SME investments.
“We want our customers to know that Dell EMC’s partner ecosystem is steadfastly committed to understanding their immediate and future business IT needs and to providing tailored solutions that respond directly to demand for modern infratstructure," he added.
He added that having made the enhancements it believed that it was now the provider of choice for the channel.
The main enhancements
• Infrastructure incumbency program for Commercial Segment launched with historical look-back for revenue and deal registration
• Client incumbency program for Commercial Segment launched on forward-looking deal registration basis
• Dell EMC Networking X-Series made available exclusively through distribution partners
• Virtustream offers Enterprise Cloud solution through Dell EMC Partner Program, providing customers with public cloud consumption with private cloud performance
• Dell EMC offers flexible consumption models through the channel with Cloud Flex, Flex on Demand and PC as a Service packages on select product portfolios
• Expanded 2017 Cloud Service Provider and Strategic Outsourcer track now includes Proposal and Earned BDF opportunities, with additional sell-in revenue rebate options