1. Quick information:
Basic qualifying criteria for nominations:
- IT projects directed by IT managers at user companies and individual IT users are eligible.
- Vendors, resellers and VARs can enter on behalf of a customer, but the customer must be available for comment if announced as a winner. The IT user must be available for interview by Computer Weekly for an article about their winning project.
- A customer contact is not necessary if you are entering for supplier of the year, however you may want to include customer testimonials to add to your entry. If so we may wish to interview a customer as part of the editorial coverage for the awards winners.
- User companies that wish to remain anonymous are not qualified to enter.
- All winning projects will be followed up with an in depth case study for Computer Weekly. The case study may refer to other vendors included in the user's environment if relevant to the project.
The Computer Weekly European User Awards honours IT professionals, in Europe, that have excelled in their approach to networking, storage, security, enterprise software and datacentre.
The awards series will run throughout 2013, online, with a different awards topic taking place bi-monthly.
There is no entry fee to enter the Computer Weekly European User Awards.
- Best technology innovation
- Supplier of the year
- Private sector project
- Public sector project
- Cloud innovation award
Find out more information on each category here.
3. Entry forms:
Customers, peers, resellers, VARs or vendors are invited to submit user case studies.Vendors, resellers and VARs should alert their customers to the awards, if they opt to submit on their behalf, as the customer will need to be available for comment if announced as a winner. The IT user must be available for interview by Computer Weekly for an article about their winning project.
A customer contact is not necessary if you are entering for supplier of the year, however you may want to include customer testimonials to add to your entry. If so we may wish to interview a customer as part of the editorial coverage for the awards winners.
The call for entries will begin 10 December 2012, and conclude on 13 September 2013.
The deadlines for each set of awards are as follows:
- Networking - 31st January 2013 (CLOSED)
- Security - 28th March 2013 (CLOSED)
- Software - 31st May 2013
- Storage - 23rd August 2013
- Datacentre -13th September 2013
Nominations must include the following information:
- Your name
- Your corporate email address
- IT project owner’s company name and location
- Name of IT project owner (this person should be able to answer technical questions about the project, following submission of the form, and must be available for interview by Computer Weekly for an article about their winning project.) For supplier of the year you may wish to add the contact details of a customer here.
- IT project owner email
- Any relevant technical configuration or specification information where it helps judges to assess your entry.
4. Judging process and judging criteria:
A panel of independent judges, based in Europe, will review the nominations. Nominating companies may not be able to contact the judges but they must provide contact details of the IT project manager so that the judges can get further detail on the submissions if necessary.
In addition to a winner, judges are entitled to choose a runner-up if appropriate.
Judges will be using the following criteria to assess entries, and you should ensure that your 800-word summary explains how your entry meets as many of the following goals as are appropriate:
- Overall innovation
- Improving system performance
- Reducing costs
- Improving management capabilities
- New use in marketplace
- Improving overall business processes/efficiencies
5. Awards presentation and coverage:
Winners will be profiled in case studies on Computer Weekly and will be offered the opportunity to attend the end of year awards ceremony when the overall winners of each category will be announced.
Please refer to the main awards site for further information about the other awards topics running throughout 2013.
Any questions about the Computer Weekly European User Awards please contact us at: CWUserAwards@techtarget.com.