Everywoman is giving people an extra two weeks to put women forward to be considered for the 2019 FDM everywoman in Technology Awards.
Now in its ninth year, 2019’s awards focus on the theme ‘achieve, elevate, inspire’ with the aim of showcasing both men and women in the technology industry who have worked towards increasing the amount of diversity in the sector.
In partnership with the Tech She Can Charter, the awards programme aims to create visible and accessible role models to try and encourage more women from across the pipeline to consider a career in tech.
Maxine Benson, co-founder of everywoman, said: “We are not only championing these women, but also the men going above and beyond to support them. The ever-evolving skills of “Rising Stars” and “Ones to Watch” make a valuable contribution to the growth of the tech industry, which is why this programme focuses so heavily on celebrating their talent and encouraging the pursuit of science, technology, engineering and maths (Stem) subjects.”
The 2019 FDM everywoman in Technology Awards categories are:
- One to Watch Award, sponsored by Computacenter, for a young woman between the ages of 11 and 16 who is encouraging others to study Stem
- Apprentice for a young woman taking part in an apprenticeship who is excelling in her early career
- Rising Star Award, sponsored by T-Systems, for a woman under the age of 26 who is excelling in her career
- Digital Star Award, sponsored by CGI, for a woman who is excelling in a digital role
- Software Engineer Award, sponsored by RBS, for a woman who is making advances in the field of software engineering
- Academic Award, sponsored by Lloyds Banking, for a woman in academia who is making a significant contribution to Stem
- Team Leader Award, sponsored by American Express, for a woman with a team of up to 100 employees how has made a significant different in her organisation
- Start-up Founder Award, for a female founder of a startup business
- Entrepreneur Award, for a female entrepreneur whose achievements will inspire entrepreneurship in others
- Innovator Award, for a woman who is using technology in a creative way
- Leader Award, sponsored by BP, for a women who is in a senior technology role in charge of more than 100 employees
- International Inspiration Award, for a man or woman outside of the UK who encouraging advancements in Stem
- Male Agent of Change Award, sponsored by VMWare, for a man who is encouraging equality in the technology sector
Nominations close on October 15, and the winners of the 2019 FDM everywoman in Technology Awards will be announced at the London Hilton on Park Lane, on 6 March 2019.