Survey: Virtualisation the engine for key storage projects

5/5

Big data projects in the pipeline, but what effect on storage?

Big data has been huge in terms of supplier hype for the last couple of years. And indeed around one third (33%) of those who answered the survey have a big data project on the go or plan to expand it. Of course, that means the remaining 67% don’t have big data projects, but 11% plan to start them and 24% will evaluate it. That could mean most organisations will have big data projects in place in the next couple of years. That could have a knock-on effect in terms of storage projects to support big data, whether that be hyperscale combined server/storage infrastructure using analytics engines like Hadoop, scale-out NAS, HPC storage or object storage.

Download our IT Priorities Europe 2014 Research

View All Photo Stories

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

Please create a username to comment.

-ADS BY GOOGLE

SearchCIO

SearchSecurity

SearchNetworking

SearchDataCenter

SearchDataManagement

Close