Access your Pro+ Content below.
Top 10 cyber crime stories of 2018
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
The year of 2018 was marked by several reports on the spiralling cost of cyber crime to businesses as well as to the national and the global economy, as the cyber security industry turned to the bottom line as a motivator for decision makers to prioritise defence against cyber criminal activities. Here are Computer Weekly’s top 10 cyber crime stories of 2018.
Table Of Contents
- Economic impact of cyber crime is significant and rising
- Business cyber crime up 63%, UK stats show
- Cyber threat to UK business greater than ever, report reveals
- Government urges UK businesses to beef up cyber crime defences
- Nation state cyber attacks affect all, says former GCHQ boss
- Cyber criminals 'infect and collect' in cryptojacking surge
- Industrial control systems a specialised cyber target
- Cyber crime most significant harm in UK, says top cyber cop
- Cyber crime: why business should report it as soon as possible
- UK cyber security strategy making ‘good progress’