Nortel to boost 3G wireless development


Nortel to boost 3G wireless development

Antony Savvas

Nortel has formed a joint venture company with a Chinese firm to drive its 3G wireless development.

The partnership with China Putian will cover the research and development, manufacturing, and the sale of 3G mobile equipment and products to customers in China.

As the deal covers development in W-CDMA-based products, as well as TD-SCDMA solutions specifically for the Chinese market, the partners’ development work will also contribute to Nortel’s product line in Europe.

China Putian will own 51% of the joint venture, and Nortel the remaining 49%.

Email Alerts

Register now to receive IT-related news, guides and more, delivered to your inbox.
By submitting your personal information, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant products and special offers from TechTarget and its partners. You also agree that your personal information may be transferred and processed in the United States, and that you have read and agree to the Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy.

COMMENTS powered by Disqus  //  Commenting policy