The majority of smartphone users will have their Christmas breaks interrupted by work-related messages, a survey claims.
Some 77% of smartphone owners won't get a proper break from work this Christmas, according to a survey of 1,053 Blackberry and Iphone owners.
Two thirds said they expected to be checking their Blackberry or iPhone for work related messages every day.
Nearly 60% said they will be packing their phone charger before taking trips to see friends and relatives.
And nearly half predicted that their obsessive smartphone checking will cause a row with family members this Christmas, the survey by Rightmobilephone.co.uk reveals.
Some 45% said they plan keep their smartphone on them at all times in case something important crops up.
Over a quarter said checking emails is a habit they are unable to break, while 11% admitted they will be more concerned about impressing their boss in the hope of a New Year promotion or bonus.
Best mobile phones for business.
Tips for quite Chrismas.
(1) Leave your smart phone at home - If you know that you aren't going to be needed for anything, leave your Smartphone at home when visiting family and friends..
(2) Switch it off - If only for an hour or two, switch your smartphone off to avoid arguments and to have a bit of time to totally relax.
(3) Out of office - Set up an auto-response to let people know you're out of the office. If you don't get back to them straight away, they won't start chasing you.
(4) Make your absence known - Let colleagues and clients know what days you will not be working, so they are less likely to contact you during your leave.
(5) Silence is Golden - Switch your handset to silent, not vibrate or loud mode. If you get a call or an email, you won't know and won't be tempted to answer or read it.