By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- A quarter of the world's 6.7 billion population use the internet
- 113 billion internet searches were conducted in July 2009, up 41% on July 2008.
- The average time spent online for work and leisure in the UK was 13 hours 59 minutes in 2008, compared to 6 hours 25 minutes in 2004.
- The average online spending per UK internet user was £416 in 2003, rising to £1,475 by 2007.
- In early 2009, 65% of UK households had a fixed broadband connection, an increase of 7% year-on-year.
- The number of mobile phone subscriptions worldwide exceeded four billion in 2009, up from one billion in 2002.
- Mobile phone access is available to 90% of the world's population.
- The proportion of UK households with digital communications has risen from 0.9% in 1998 to 89.8% in 2009 - the highest penetration in the world.
Source: CBI "The shape of business - the next 10 years"