By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- A quarter of the world's 6.7 billion population use the internet
- 113 billion internet searches were conducted in July 2009, up 41% on July 2008.
- The average time spent online for work and leisure in the UK was 13 hours 59 minutes in 2008, compared to 6 hours 25 minutes in 2004.
- The average online spending per UK internet user was £416 in 2003, rising to £1,475 by 2007.
- In early 2009, 65% of UK households had a fixed broadband connection, an increase of 7% year-on-year.
- The number of mobile phone subscriptions worldwide exceeded four billion in 2009, up from one billion in 2002.
- Mobile phone access is available to 90% of the world's population.
- The proportion of UK households with digital communications has risen from 0.9% in 1998 to 89.8% in 2009 - the highest penetration in the world.
Source: CBI "The shape of business - the next 10 years"