Brits are doing less than all other nationalities when it comes to securing their online activities and British men are much more careless than women.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Five facts to shame British web users:
- One third of UK web users never update their security software compared to 5% of Germans, 7% of French people and 5% of citizens of Benelux countries
- 9% of Brits use no security when they surf the net. Only 1% of Benelux citizens, 5% of French surfers and 4% of Germans are similarly careless
- Fewer than 1% of British web users delete links sent to them via e-mail, Instant Messenger or social networking sites. This compares with 9% of Germans, 8% of Benelux citizens and 2% of French surfers
- 47% of UK men use the same password to access all sites compared to 26% of women
- Two thirds of men would open a link or attachment from a friend without checking legitimacy compared to 48% of women