"The biggest thing for me is the response time, when looking at web sites," Trefor said, when asked about the O2 4G trial. He believes 4G is ideal for businesses:
- Rapidly deploy networks in new and temporary areas like construction sites
- Use to deliver high-speed broadband in rural areas
- Full access to corporate applications via virtual private network with little performance impact compared to LAN access
- Virtual PCs like XenDesktop can be run over a 4G network
- Mobile telepresence in high definition on a laptop
However, the O2 London trial is limited. He said, "With only 25 sites, unless you are slap in the middle of a 4G area it can be frustrating."