Halfpoint - Fotolia
Computer Weekly's CW500 Club attracts the top IT leaders in the UK to talk to their peers about the latest trends and technologies, and to discuss the challenges they face. Here, we present the coverage of all the 2015 CW500 events, including articles and video interviews.
1. Trends for IT leaders in 2015
CIOs gathered at the first CW500 meeting of 2015 to discuss the economy, the technologies driving business and good IT leadership.
2. Cloud options investigated – public, private or hybrid?
2015 was to become the breakthrough year for cloud computing – and now the challenge of making the IT department cloud-ready begins.
- Preparing for mainstream cloud IT
- Video: Cloud options investigated - Arriva
- Video - Cloud options investigated - Punter Southall Group
- Video: Cloud options investigated - Nuffield Health
3. Where next after Windows?
The growth of user power has forced organisations to re-think IT strategies as employees demand mobility, collaboration and the latest technology.
4. The future of outsourcing
5. Reducing complexity in IT
At the Computer Weekly CW500 Club event, CIOs discussed IT complexity and whether it hinders performance or is simply a consequence of complexity in business.
6. The future of virtualisation
CIOs met to discuss the past, present and future of virtualisation at Computer Weekly's CW500 Club in June 2015.
7. Mobile security challenges
Experts told the CW500 Security Club how mobility brings challenges to security departments and an opportunity to go beyond building walls around the enterprise.
8. Dealing with disasters
At some point businesses will need to invoke a disaster recovery plan – but will it cover everything the modern digital company needs?
9. Security and the internet of things
As more things become internet-connected, systems designed to authenticate people now need to deal with machine-to-machine authentication.
10. How DevOps can help to become a digital business
To make DevOps work, organisations need to get rid of change request forms, make friends with change control management and get teams to communicate and share ideas.
11. The next steps for collaboration
Unlike most IT initiatives, there is more to collaboration than deploying a platform and training. November’s CW500 Club panel assessed the challenges.