Halfpoint - Fotolia
Computer Weekly's CW500 Club attracts the top IT leaders in the UK to talk to their peers about the latest trends and technologies, and to discuss the challenges they face. Here, we present the coverage of all the 2015 CW500 events, including articles and video interviews.
1. Trends for IT leaders in 2015
CIOs gathered at the first CW500 meeting of 2015 to discuss the economy, the technologies driving business and good IT leadership.
- Economy, jobs and technology trends on CIOs' minds in 2015
- Video:Key trends for IT leaders in 2015 -Deloitte
- Video:Key trends for IT leaders in 2015 - Forrester Research
- Video: Key trends for IT leaders in 2015 - La Fosse Associates
2. Cloud options investigated – public, private or hybrid?
2015 was to become the breakthrough year for cloud computing – and now the challenge of making the IT department cloud-ready begins.
- Preparing for mainstream cloud IT
- Video: Cloud options investigated - Arriva
- Video - Cloud options investigated - Punter Southall Group
- Video: Cloud options investigated - Nuffield Health
3. Where next after Windows?
The growth of user power has forced organisations to re-think IT strategies as employees demand mobility, collaboration and the latest technology.
- Is it time to jump off the Windows bandwagon?
- Vox pop video: Where next after Windows - The growth of user power
- Video: David Nudelman, head of IT service delivery at Metro Bank (UK)
- Video: Ian Turfrey, IT director at City & Guilds
4. The future of outsourcing
- Where next for IT outsourcing?
- Video: Mark Maddocks, CIO, Cambridge University Press, on outsourcing
- Video: Nick Roberts, head of ICT at Croydon Council, on outsourcing
- Vox pop video: The future of outsourcing
5. Reducing complexity in IT
At the Computer Weekly CW500 Club event, CIOs discussed IT complexity and whether it hinders performance or is simply a consequence of complexity in business.
- Tackling complexity in IT
- Video: Sarah Flannigan, CIO at The National Trust, on reducing complexity
- Video: Peter McElwaine-Johnn, CTO at Aldermore Bank, on reducing complexity
- Vox pop video: Reducing complexity
6. The future of virtualisation
CIOs met to discuss the past, present and future of virtualisation at Computer Weekly's CW500 Club in June 2015.
- Where next for virtualisation?
- Video: Rob White, executive director, Enterprise Infrastructure at Morgan Stanley, on virtualisation
- Video: Roy Illsley, principal analyst at Ovum, on virtualisation
- Vox pop video: Where next for virtualisation?
7. Mobile security challenges
Experts told the CW500 Security Club how mobility brings challenges to security departments and an opportunity to go beyond building walls around the enterprise.
- Mobile security – what works and what doesn’t?
- Video: Ashish Surti, information security director at Clutch Group
- Video: Sarb Sembhi, director at Storm Guidance
8. Dealing with disasters
At some point businesses will need to invoke a disaster recovery plan – but will it cover everything the modern digital company needs?
- Dealing with disaster - how do companies cope?
- Video: James Lodge, Nationwide Building Society, on dealing with disaster
- Video: Amarpal Singh Attwal on dealing with disaster
- Video: Kirk Langley, Brewin Dolphin, on dealing with disaster
9. Security and the internet of things
As more things become internet-connected, systems designed to authenticate people now need to deal with machine-to-machine authentication.
- Are you human or are you machine?
- Video: Simon Gratton, Zurich Insurance, on security and the IoT
- Video: Douwe Mik, EY, on security and the IoT
- Vox pop video: Security and IoT
10. How DevOps can help to become a digital business
To make DevOps work, organisations need to get rid of change request forms, make friends with change control management and get teams to communicate and share ideas.
- Tips for delivering success with DevOps
- Vox pop video: How DevOps and agile methods help improve IT services for a digital age
- Video: Christopher Livermore, head of operations, British Gas Connected Homes
- Video: John Fredrickson, online DevOps and cloud manager, Sky
11. The next steps for collaboration
Unlike most IT initiatives, there is more to collaboration than deploying a platform and training. November’s CW500 Club panel assessed the challenges.
- How to succeed with enterprise collaboration
- Vox pop video: The next steps for collaboration
- Video: Dstl's Glyn Jones discusses the next steps for collaboration
- Video: Euroclear's Bonnie Cheuk discusses the next steps for collaboration