IBM has unveiled services and products to enable government and companies to build dynamic infrastructure networks that include more intelligence, automation, integration and efficiencies.
The new offerings include:
- A new software and services offering - IBM Service Management Industry Solutions - that is customised for seven industries: utilities, chemicals and petroleum, telecommunications retail, banking, electronics and manufacturing. Together, they enable organisations to design and implement IT systems that centrally manage and monitor an industry infrastructure, including manufacturing robotic equipment and technologies such as "smart meters" and RFID.
- New services to help clients design and implement service management strategies. IBM will help clients streamline the implementation of Tivoli software components so businesses can realise faster returns.
- A new governance consulting practice.
- New Tivoli Service Automation Manager software, which automates the design, deployment and management of services such as middleware, applications, hardware and networks.
- New Tivoli Key Lifecycle Manager software, which helps organisations simplify the lifecycle of encryption keys by enabling them to centralise, automate and strengthen security through key management processes.