Access your Pro+ Content below.
Top 10 broadband stories of 2019
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
The European broadband industry in 2019 was a place of huge activity and investment, with one overarching theme – full-fibre roll-out. The fundamental benefit of such networks seemed as crystal clear as the fibres themselves – support for business transformation. Here are Computer Weekly's top 10 networking stories of 2019.
Table Of Contents
- Global broadband market sees fibre push
- Community Fibre lights up south London gigabit broadband
- State backs Norway’s fibre cable capacity building
- European Investment Bank offers financial support for Orange fibre network
- Industry questions viability of Labour plan to offer free full-fibre broadband to all UK homes
- Full-fibre within reach of 2.5 million homes and businesses
- Is there substance in Boris Johnson’s full-fibre broadband vision?
- CityFibre announces consultation to speed up full fibre switchover
- Research explores economic benefits of full-fibre and 5G at local level
- Gigabit internet now available to one in 20 globally