Access your Pro+ Content below.
Serving up server hardware
Sponsored by TechTarget ComputerWeekly.com
Although cloud infrastructure services have alleviated the need for organisations to procure and manage their own hardware, the reality is most organisations still see a need for on-premise systems for reasons such as security and performance. In training neural networks, for example, on-premise high performance computing systems are often preferred for cost, as well as compliance reasons in the case of industries such as healthcare and finance. In this e-guide, find out why some companies are still hanging on to older hardware, the pros and cons of different types of server hardware, and what one Chinese tech giant is doing in the microprocessor space.
Table Of Contents
- Learn the major types of server hardware and their pros and cons
- AI is renewing interest in high-performance computing
- Taking stock of Dell's growth in Asia
- APAC SMEs still hanging on to holder PCs
- An inside look at Alibaba's deep learning processor
- Australian university reaches for the starts after HPC boost
- Alibaba's dual mode SSD platform raises bar for storage performance