Technical project manager Astrid Byro's idea of remote working involves a lack of hardware, connectivity and oxygen at 5,000 metres above sea level. Byro will be trekking to Everest Base Camp in April using pay-per-use project tracking software from Atlassian to manage her team of eight working on a project for GE Healthcare back in the UK.
- Extreme teleworking from Everest Base Camp
Latest Blog Posts
- WITsend: A journey where IT chose me
- Data Matters: Start small with big data
- Downtime: Fancy a car-crash picture for all your image queries on Google?
- The Full Spectrum: NoC distributed computing to support IoT
- CWDN: Internet of Things apocalypse, Now
Computer Weekly's Blogroll
In the current issue:
- Need for national security threatens citizens’ privacy
- CW500 Interview: Replatformed open-source IT keeps Hailo’s global growth accelerating
- Buyer’s Guide: Choice and ease of use: key elements of a good app store