By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Now that Barack Obama has won the US presidential election we look at his blueprint for change in the technology sector.
Barack Obama has pledged to:
- Broadband access for all of America.
- Raise broadband speeds and standards
- Connect schools, hospitals and libraries.
- Encourage technology literacy.
- Educate the next generation of scientists and engineers.
- Electronic medical records that will reduce error, improve healthcare and lower costs.
- Participation in government reforms:
Ask questions in real time;
Offer suggestions that are reviewed before decisions are made; and
Comment on legislation before it is signed.
- Double basic research funding.
- Make research and development tax credit permanent.
- Enforce anti-trust laws.
- Online accesss to government data.
- Enable tracking of federal contracts, earmarks and lobbying contracts.