Now that Barack Obama has won the US presidential election we look at his blueprint for change in the technology...
Barack Obama has pledged to:
- Broadband access for all of America.
- Raise broadband speeds and standards
- Connect schools, hospitals and libraries.
- Encourage technology literacy.
- Educate the next generation of scientists and engineers.
- Electronic medical records that will reduce error, improve healthcare and lower costs.
- Participation in government reforms:
Ask questions in real time;
Offer suggestions that are reviewed before decisions are made; and
Comment on legislation before it is signed.
- Double basic research funding.
- Make research and development tax credit permanent.
- Enforce anti-trust laws.
- Online accesss to government data.
- Enable tracking of federal contracts, earmarks and lobbying contracts.