Access your Pro+ Content below.
UK IT Priorities 2018
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
Every year, Computer Weekly conducts a large-scale survey of our readers to find out their IT spending priorities for the year ahead – it's always an interesting take on what's happening in IT departments around the country because it's coming from the leaders making those technology purchasing decisions. The latest results are in, and the headline news is clear – IT organisations in the UK are accelerating the move to cloud. When asked about IT managers’ priorities in datacentre, storage and software plans for 2018, cloud came out top every time. Our research also looks to Europe, and the picture is the same – in France, Germany and across the continent, cloud is the number one spending priority.
Table Of Contents
- Where senior IT managers plan to spend their budget
- 2018 UK software budgets double for AI and blockchain
- Data protection a top priority ahead of GDPR
- Why IT must change its approach to Windows 10
- Datacentre infrastructure investments show no signs of slowing
- Networking spend declining across the board
- Hyper-convergence and containers key storage-related deployments in 2018