Access your Pro+ Content below.
Top 10 cloud stories 2018
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
While cloud has established itself as the preferred way for many enterprises to consume IT resources, organisations in some vertical markets have taken markedly longer to come round to its charms. With this as a backdrop, Computer Weekly takes a look at the top 10 cloud stories of 2018.
Table Of Contents
- IBM acquires Red Hat in $34bn hybrid cloud push
- MoJ to go all-in on public cloud as infrastructure modernisation push gathers pace
- JEDI cloud contract looms large for customers, providers
- AWS storage outage knocks US-hosted websites and cloud services offline
- Amazon and Apple deny claims Chinese government bugged their servers
- AWS fleshes out cloud database proposition, while taking aim at Oracle
- Barclays banks on agile and DevOps to tackle competitive threats in fintech
- Google Cloud CEO Diane Greene on how its enterprise-readiness push is paying off
- VMware takes layered approach to securing datacentres
- From open clouds to open infrastructure: OpenStack's evolution continues