Access your Pro+ Content below.
Top 10 IT careers and skills stories of 2019
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
Digital skills are becoming increasingly important for day-today living, as well as for navigating the world of work. With digital and technology becoming a part of every company, it is important that all citizens in the UK have at least a basic level of digital competence. Here are Computer Weekly's top 10 IT careers and skills stories of 2019.
Table Of Contents
- Parents claim soft skills are needed for future of work
- Apprenticeships have to change to be successful, says expert panel
- Education minister calls for industry and educator partnerships
- London attracted more tech talent than rest of Europe in 2018
- Government announces changes to immigration rules
- Time spent teaching computing subjects drops 36% over past six years
- More than half of UK workforce lacks essential digital skills, says Lloyd’s
- Girls now account for more than 20% of computing GCSE entries
- Computing A-level rises in popularity, despite drop in overall A-level candidates
- now launch: Biggest barrier for digital skills is motivation