Access your Pro+ Content below.
Backup deduplication: a complete guide
Sponsored by TechTarget ComputerWeekly.com
There are many elements to consider in picking the backup deduplication technology that fits best. How do zone-level and block-level deduplication compare? What about inline versus post-processing deduplication? What are the differences between deduplication and compression? How important are deduplication ratios? Check out this complete e-guide to backup deduplication.
Table Of Contents
- Inline deduplication vs. post-processing: Data dedupe best practices
- How does deduplication in cloud computing work and is it beneficial?
- Compression, deduplication and encryption: What's the difference?
- Block-level deduplication vs. zone-level deduplication
- Can your deduplication process be improved with semantic dedupe?
- Inline deduplication fits well with hyper-converged IT
- Data reduction methods for virtualized environments
- Data reduction methods for the all-flash data center
- Quest launches QoreStor for appliance-free dedupe
- Veritas 360 Data Management embraces cloud, dedupe, NoSQL
- Acronis Backup software adds ransomware protection, improved dedupe
- IBM adds deduplication to Spectrum Virtualize, and Storwize arrays
- Pure launches ObjectEngine cloud dedupe, plus inter-rack NVMe
- How do compression and deduplication affect performance?
- Is deduplication ratio an important backup consideration?
- Should the data dedupe process ever be disabled by admins?