Access your Pro+ Content below.
AWS Re:Invent 2019: What CIOs need to know from this year's show
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Re:Invent user conference saw 65,000 users, developers and business leaders convene in Las Vegas to hear news about the firm's innovation priorities, and how it intends to entice enterprises to move even more of their workloads to its public cloud platform. In this e-guide, we provide a round-up of all the big stories and announcements from this year's Re:Invent, and – in doing so – give readers some clues as to where AWS is heading next.
Table Of Contents
- AWS VP of engineering on the cloud giant's first major quantum computing push
- AWS CEO Andy Jassy slams Microsoft over cloud-focused Windows Server licensing tweaks
- AWS fleshes out edge computing strategy with hyper-local datacentre hubs planned in major cities
- AWS CEO Andy Jassy blames 'significant political interference' for Amazon losing $10bn JEDI deal
- AWS plans renewable energy project in Australia