The latest survey from Salary Services Limited (SSL) has revealed the software skills most in demand in the latest...
quarter of 2011.
While demand for permanent and freelance software skills has plummeted in the public sector, there has been a significant increases in the number of jobs advertised by software houses and consultancies as well as the retail sector.
The permanent workers in highest demand in the third quarter were those with SQL skills, with 20,046 jobs advertised. This was 9.7% more than the same period last year.
C programmers were the second most in demand, with 15,131 jobs advertised. This was a small increase of 0.6% compared to the number advertised in the third quarter of 2010.
The biggest increase in demand was for people with skills in the Agile development methodology. The number of Agile jobs increased by 75% in the third quarter compared to last year, reaching 5,767.
Other third quarter permanent software jobs advertised
- C# - 12,783 jobs advertised. This was 12.5% higher than the same period last year.
- .Net - 11,648 jobs advertised. This was a 12.8% increase.
- Java - 8,758 jobs. This was a 21% increase.
- SQL Server - 8,523 jobs. 1.3% increase
- ASP - 7,891 jobs. 1.5% increase.
- HTML - 6,228 jobs. 18.2% increase.
- Linux - 5,347 jobs. 5.3% increase.