McAfee's AVERT labs have reported the top ten phishing scams, the top brands targeted by phishing scams, and the top three internet threats for February 2008.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The web security software firm's labs said the top ten phishing e-mail headers were:
1. Tax Notification
2. Notification from Billing Department
3. NatWest Bank: please confirm your data
4. please confirm your data
5. NatWest Bank customer service: online form released
6. HSBC Bank: please confirm your data!
7. HSBC Bank: official information
8. HSBC Bank customer service: please confirm your data!
9. please confirm your data.
10. please confirm your data!
McAfee said the top brands targeted by phishing scams in February were:
HSBC - 40%
CitiBank - 38%
Natwest - 16%
Bank of America - 6%
The most prevalent internet threats infecting computers in February were:
VBS/Psyme (Trojan virus)
Adware-ZangoSA (adware/malware program)
JS/Wonka (Trojan virus)