Access your Pro+ Content below.
The difficulties of defending against web tracking
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
This article in our Royal Holloway information security series introduces the concept of web tracking, provides an overview of how organisations track users and discusses a few of the difficulties people may face when trying to defend against tracking
Table Of Contents
- Difficulties that arise while trying to defend ourselves against being tracked as we go about our daily lives on the internet.
- The concept of web tracking and how organisations track users.
- Web tracking and the types of organisations performing it.
- The downsides of being tracked, some of which can make for uneasy reading.
- Two of the main techniques used for carrying out web tracking.
- Common defences.
- Difficulties involved in trying to defend against being tracked online.