Access your Pro+ Content below.
Containers vs. Virtual Machines: Understanding the differences
Sponsored by ComputerWeekly.com
Virtual machines (VMs) and containers have their place in datacentres, enabling enterprises to ship software quickly while abstracting applications from the underlying infrastructure. So, it isn’t always a conversation about VMs vs containers. In this e-guide, get the lowdown on containers and VMs, the relationship between the two technologies and what tech companies are doing to support the growing use of container technology.
Table Of Contents
- Containers vs. VMs: What's the difference?
- Cloud Paks on Red Hat OpenShift a 'boldstep' for IBM
- Why enterprises should dump their VMs for containers
- Why Kubernetes is driving a groundswell in containerisation
- When to use a micro VM, container or full VM