CW+ Premium Content/E-Handbooks
Access your Pro+ Content below.
Containers vs. Virtual Machines: Understanding the differences
Virtual machines (VMs) and containers have their place in datacentres, enabling enterprises to ship software quickly while abstracting applications from the underlying infrastructure. So, it isn’t always a conversation about VMs vs containers. In this e-guide, get the lowdown on containers and VMs, the relationship between the two technologies and what tech companies are doing to support the growing use of container technology.
Table Of Contents
- Containers vs. VMs: What's the difference?
- Cloud Paks on Red Hat OpenShift a 'boldstep' for IBM
- Why enterprises should dump their VMs for containers
- Why Kubernetes is driving a groundswell in containerisation
- When to use a micro VM, container or full VM