alphaspirit - Fotolia

Dell expands CDW relationship

Dell has extended its relationship globally with CDW to extend the products and services it lets the channel player handle

Just hours after revealing it was on course to buy EMC for $67bn Dell continued to expand its channel relationships to support its growth ambitions.

The vendor has expanded its partnership with CDW to allow the firm to include all of its products in its catalogue across the UK, Europe, US and Asia-Pacific.

That means that from today the CDW will be offering server, storage, networking, services and PCs to its global customers.

CDW will also be offering pre-configured solitions and will be in a position to provide support from the configuration stage through to finance and delivery.

"The combination of Dell’s end-to-end solutions and CDW’s sales and technical expertise is the perfect ‘one-stop-shop’ for customers," said Rory Read, COO and president of commercial sales, Dell.

"Our customers value a single vendor that can offer technology from the desktop to the datacentre, and together, we will enable customers to innovate and succeed," he added.

Matt Troka, senior vice president of product and partner management, CDW, said that the pressure to stock more Dell products had come from customers.

"This expanded relationship is a result of customers asking for access to more Dell products.  We also anticipate the partnership will generate new opportunities for our account managers by allowing us to qualify to bid on opportunities that were previously closed to us," he said.

Dell stated that 40% of its business now comes through the channel and in the past year it has managed to gain double-digit growth in 10 of its 11 top territories through partners.

In his comments around the EMC acquisition yesterday, Michael Dell made it clear that he thought its ability to reach more of the market through the channel was going to be one of the main success factors in helping it meet its targets.

CDW acquired Kelway at the start of August after it built on the 35% of the company it had picked up at the end of last year and chose to gain the remaining 65%.

Read more on Business Laptops

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

Please create a username to comment.

-ADS BY GOOGLE

ComputerWeekly.com

SearchITChannel

Close