everythingpossible - Fotolia
With the acquisition and integration of Avnet Technology Solutions done and almost dusted the final management team for Azlan has been revealed.
The list includes a mixture of former Avnet staff and Tech Data folk and the addition of a former Arrow and IBM employee Ian Jeffs, who is starting next month as a business unit director for IBM, HDS and NetApp.
The plan is to follow a best of both worlds approach using the vendor orientated approach traditionally taken by Azlan with the specialist business units favored by Avnet.
“This model will draw on all the capabilities and scale of the combined businesses to deliver vendor focus through dedicated teams, whilst ensuring investment in technologies that will drive future growth for Azlan Technology Solutions and our partners," said Rob Tomlin, managing director UK and Ireland at Azlan Technology Solutions.
"We’ve shared the model with a number of our strategic vendors and customers and the feedback has been extremely positive. Now we have the structure in place it is about moving forward and delivering growth for our customers, our vendors and the team," he added.
Speaking about the composition of the management team, Tomlin said that it had been able to build an experienced team that would take the business forward.
"The talent and calibre of the individuals in the team is second to none. Every one of them brings extensive experience and expertise in their respective fields and, as a team, they will create the vision and strategy to take our business forward into an outstanding leadership position in the enterprise market," he said.
Jeffs addition to the team is designed to strengthen the support for the three vendors he will look after. He spent the best part of four years at Arrow and before that spent 18 years in roles at IBM and Lenovo.
The Azlan management team
• Tom Corrigan, Field Sales Director (formerly Avnet)
• Mike Mernagh, Internal Sales and Operations Director (formerly Avnet)
• Linda Patterson, Marketing Director (formerly Avnet)
• Ian Jeffs, Business Unit Director - IBM, HDS and NetApp. (Joining next month having previously worked at Arrow and IBM)
• Simon Bennett, Business Unit Director – Dell/EMC, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Nutanix, Brocade and Avaya (Tech Data)
• Huw Jones, Business Unit Director – Cisco (Tech Data)
• Andrew Stuart, Business Unit Director – HPE (formerly Avnet)
• Peter Spreadbury, Business Unit Director – Enterprise Software and Oracle (Tech Data)
• Andy Brown, Technical Services Director (Tech Data)
• Christian Curtis, Next Generation Director – Next Generation, Security, Cloud, new vendors, IoT, ISVs and Education (formerly Avnet)
• Nik Chalk, Commercial Finance Director. (Joined in March from HPE)
• Sharon Beardmore, HR Director (formerly Avnet)