Nelos - Fotolia
Sabio adds more CX muscle with Anana
Customer experience specialist Sabio makes its fourth acquisition this year as it continues to back its ambition to become a major European player in the CX market
Sabio has sealed its ninth acquisition in the space of three years after picking up Anana in a move that should strengthen its ambitions to be a leading customer experience (CX) player across Europe.
Sabio is a firm that likes to make acquisitions to bolster its position in the CX market, having made three already this year: Team Vision in January, cloud software and consultancy company DVELP in March, and Coverage Group in July.
Founded in 2001, and with over 100 employees operating out of the UK and South Africa, Anana is another Genesys partner that has expertise around the vendor’s portfolio, with Engage, Cloud and AppFoundry partner accreditation.
The firm has a sizeable customer base that is already taking advantage of its CX expertise, including Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water, Marks and Spencer, and Vodacom.
“This is an important acquisition for Sabio Group as it further strengthens our expertise and relationship with Genesys. Acquiring Anana builds on our earlier addition of two Genesys partners – Coverage Group in France and Team Vision in Spain – to position Sabio as a key Genesys partner across Europe,” said Sabio Group CEO Jonathan Gale.
He added that as well as the people joining the team, it was also pleased with the “impressive group of customers across the key retail, telco and utility sectors”.
In response, Chris Woodward, Anana’s CEO, said the firm had been building up its expertise for the past 20 years and had developed a deep knowledge of the Genesys platform.
“As part of Sabio Group, we’ll now be able to take this to the next level, taking advantage of the latest cloud and AI innovations to help our customers deliver high-value, personalised experiences at scale across both human and digital touchpoints,” he said.
Sabio’s acquisitions since 2017
Backed by Horizon Capital, the firm has been a serial acquirer over the past three years:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions provider Rapport in March 2017.
- Contact centre specialist Datapoint Europe in July 2017.
- Customer insight and contact centre benchmarking expert Bright UK in March 2018.
- Singapore-based virtual assistant player flexAnswer Solutions in December 2018.
- Spain-based workforce optimisation and speech analytics specialist Callware in January 2019.
- Madrid-based CX solutions specialist Team Vision in January 2020.
- Twilio’s leading partner in the UK and EMEA region DVELP in March 2020.
- French Genesys Cloud partner Coverage Group in July 2020.